Frequently asked questions
Patients can also be seen without an appointment as a walk-in; however priority will be given to those patients with appointments. All patients with potentially life threatening symptoms are also given priority.
Please call to cancel any appointments you cannot attend!
We do offer online appointment bookings for standard consultations, however the following guidelines must be followed.
- Standard Consultations will go for approximately 10 minutes and you will be able to discuss 1-2 issues only.
- The following appointments may require more time and therefore will NOT be available for booking online.
- Appointments to discuss more than 2 issues
- Appointments for new patients
- Childhood Immunisations
- Yellow Fever vaccines
- Skin Checks
- Pap Smears
- Forms/Paperwork- Centrelink, RTA etc
- Implanon insertions and removal
- Any WorkCover related issues-including certificates, case conference etc.
- Insurance Medical
- Pre-employment Medicals
- Health Assessments
- Only 1 patient can be seen per standard consultation. Please book separate appointments for each family member.
- New patients are unable to use the online booking system. Please call for an appointment.
- Please cancel any appointment that you can not attend, either online or by phone. Two non-attendances will cause future online bookings to be blocked.
If appointments are booked outside these guidelines patients may be required to reschedule.
- Runny nose
- Sore throat
If you need a repeat of a script or a referral to a specialist, you will need to come in and see the doctor. This is to ensure that every aspect of your health is taken into account, and that you are getting the best possible health care.
Photo ID is required in order to collect any patient information from reception. If a third party such as a friend or a family member comes in to collect something on your behalf please make sure you let our receptionists know the name of that person. This is to ensure we have been given your consent to release the information to that person in line with privacy regulations.
I will also provide an up to date Practice information sheet on Monday when I am back in the office to add here.
Norwest General Practice complies with the State and Federal Privacy laws. Any personal or health information we collect is kept securely and is not disclosed to a third party unless we have your permission, or unless the law requires it.