Many of the doctors at Norwest General Practice have extensive experience in Women’s health and have worked in Obstetric and Gynaecology Departments in hospitals.
Several of our doctors have also attained additional post graduate diplomas in Obstetrics and Gynaecology.
There are also female doctors available every day of the week.
Areas of Women’s Health include:
- Pap smears
- Gynaecological examinations
- Cervical Cancer screening and immunisation
- Breast examinations and Breast Cancer screening
- Breast lumps
- Premenstrual dysphoria disorder
- Fertility problems
- Pregnancy testing
- Family planning and contraception
- Implanon insertion and removal
- Mirena insertion and removal
- Depot contraception
- Antenatal care including GP shared care
- Post-natal checks
- Lactation and breast feeding advice
- Menopause management
- Vulvovaginitis and other gynaecological disorders
- Sexual Health and STD testing
- Hormonal abnormalities
- Cosmetic advice