Norwest General Practice is a family friendly medical centre and all our doctors have a special interest in Child health.
All our doctors have worked in Paediatric and Emergency wards in hospitals, or have worked in the Childrens Hospital at Westmead or Sydney Childrens Hospital.
Several of our doctors have also attained additional post graduate diplomas in Child Health.
Areas of childhood health include:
- Childhood immunisations
- Baby checks
- Neonatal care
- Feeding and settling problems
- Common childhood illnesses and development
- Heart murmurs
- Acute viral eruptions
- Rashes and skin conditions
- Respiratory illnesses
- Middle ear infections and grommets
- Tonsillitis and Ear, Nose, Throat review
- Anaphylaxis management
- Bed wetting
- Learning difficulties
- Speech delay
- Gait disturbances
- Behavioural issues
- Developmental problems
- Adolescent mental health
- Paediatric surgical Problems
- Genetic and Chromosomal disorders
Well baby clinic
The ‘Well’ baby clinic is a free service provided by our friendly practice nurse.
The baby clinic offers education and support to families as well as ongoing advice and guidance as required.
Services provided in the baby clinic include:
- Baby checks (as per the Blue Book)
- Weight checks
- Breast feeding assistance and management
- Sleep and settling strategies
- Infant growth and development assessments
- “Fussy” babies
Appointments can be made with our Nurse on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays.
Please call our reception team for more information or to make an appointment for the baby clinic.