All child immunisation consultations are bulk billed and free for Medicare card holders.
Please see the following commonly requested immunisation schedules:
- For young children in NSW.
- High School students in NSW
For travel imunisations, please refer to the “Travel Medicine” tab.
Alternatively, please click the link to access the NSW Immunisation schedule as of March 2016:
NSW Immunisation schedule
or the following link to access information on the school based immunisation program:
School Immunisation Program
Child and School- Based Immunisations are subject to change, please check the NSW Government Health Website for up to date schedules and further information regarding immunisations.
NSW School-Based Immunisation Program 2016
NSW Health works in partnership with schools to offer the vaccines recommended for adolescents by the National Health & Medical Research Council (NHMRC) in a school-based vaccination program.
|YEAR||VACCINE||NUMBER OF DOSES||MORE INFORMATION|
|Year 7(males & females)|
|Varicella (chicken pox)||1 dose||What is varicella|
|Information about varicella vaccination|
|Diphtheria-Tetanus-Pertussis (dTpa)||1 dose||What are diphtheria, tetanus and pertussis|
|Information about dTpa vaccination|
|Human Papillomavirus (HPV)||3 doses||What is HPV|
|Information about HPV vaccination for females|
|Information about HPV vaccination for males|
|HPV School Vaccination Program – Australian Government Resources|
|Cancer Council Australia|
|National HPV Vaccination Program Register|
- Free vaccine is only available to students who have a signed consent form and who commence the vaccine course while they’re in Year 7 or (as described in the table above) Year 9.
- Students who miss vaccine doses due to absence on the day of the nurses’ visit will be offered catch-up vaccination at subsequent school clinics. Where this is not possible, parents will be advised that free catch-up vaccination is available at their local GP during the school year only.
- Parents who choose to wait for their child to be older before consenting to vaccination will be required to pay for the vaccines privately.
- Parents can withdraw consent at any time before vaccination takes place. The process for withdrawing consent is described here.
- Click here for coverage rates for all vaccines offered to students in high schools in 2012.
- Information about the vaccinations is available in 21 community languages.